Fasting Update - All Done!


Well, almost. Yesterday was the tenth and last day of my fast. Unfortunately I can't do a swan dive into a tub of sour cream right away (oh, how I want to...) - I need to ease myself back into eating. So today it will be fruit juice. Tomorrow it will be salads and vegetable soup (I already have my simple recipe picked out!). I have received some questions about this fast: Why do it? Do you lose any weight? Are you completely out of your mind? All good questions and most of the answers can be found here.

Speaking personally I will say that I do it for several reasons. Primarily I view this fast as a way to start fresh with better eating habits. Over the past few years my diet has really gone down hill and I want to be in more control over what I put in my body instead of giving in to every unhealthy craving. There is a weight loss benefit if you need to lose weight. If you are carrying around a few extra pounds (my Winter weight, as I call it) they will come off but you will need to maintain that loss with your diet after the fast. A few years ago my mother fasted and didn't loose any weight at all (she's a twig), so if you are already at your healthy weight there is no real danger of losing any more.

Aside from the physical benefits there are many psychological ones as well. A clear body also means a clear mind. As the detoxing progresses it is amazing how the mind becomes sharper and the energy level goes up. Overall the fast, for me, is a time to reprogram myself both in regards to diet and where I am at mentally.

Comments

Good for you..you have done a great job..I am a ninny and couldn't do it.
But I am proud of you.

Popular Posts