Revived and ready for action!

Thank you, everyone, for all your very encouraging comments after my bout with the workaholic blues yesterday. It was fleeting, thankfully. This morning I woke up so anxious to get to the studio and pop open the kiln, I couldn't get out of the house fast enough. It was still pretty hot but I slipped on the leather gloves and melted my finger tips off just to get my little pile of pieces. It never ceases to amaze me how seven hours of glazing can fit neatly into a Chinese take-out container with ease.

There are a lot of beautiful pieces in this batch and I can't wait to turn them into jewelry (Headless Marie is in the house!). There are also a lot of new pieces for the Extra shop so look for an update sometime this week. :)

In between drooling over my goodies I worked on this week's batch of molds. I have so many new designs these days that I seriously wonder if they will all see the light of day. I usually try to make several pieces from each new mold, just to see how it looks, but then I tend to pick my favorites and focus on them. I need to show my love equally to each and every mold and give each of them their chance to shine... And then I need to check myself into the mental hospital so that I will stop talking about molds as though they were actual living entities with feelings.
(That's nothing. You should hear me talk to my rabbits...c-r-a-z-y)

Comments

Libby Leuchtman said…
Wow that is one box full of yummy pieces! I love the mix of colors and shapes.
Juli Cannon said…
Nancy, what I wouldn't give to sift through that bowl of beauties! LOVE the colors.
Judy said…
Such a beautiful box of goodies...the colors are gorgeous!
Lovely goodies Nancy - glad to hear that your spirits have lifted. I believe that sometimes we have to have low days so we can enjoy the highs. Look after yourself...
Vicki
It reminds me of a treasure chest, you want to dig your hands in deep and let all the treasures fall around you. They look wonderful and I love the colors.
Cindy Gimbrone said…
Glad you're feeling refreshed, Nancy! I can see why you were so spent, that's a huge treasure trove of beautiful pieces! I giggled over headless Marie too - I'll keep my eye out for her!

Have a great day!
Cindy
Alice said…
Ohhhhhh, pretty! I could sit and gaze at them all day.
TesoriTrovati said…
oooh! I just want to dig my fingers into those beauties and fondle...er, I mean...select the prettiest ones!
Thanks for sharing! What a thrill that must be to see them finished like that!
Enjoy the day!
Erin
(P.S. another pretty new backgroud!)
Mari said…
Waiting for the update on etsy!!!! Love the purple ring!!! and the green and blue heart!!!! I want them both!!!
Unknown said…
I really like those shield looking things.
You are such a hard worker, Nancy. I wish you weren't so hard on yourself!
Erin Siegel said…
Ooo, Ooo...Pretty, pretty pieces! I think we all feel as you did from time to time. It's temporary though, just goes to show you are human after all. ;)

As someone that works in clay as well, I know how labor intensive it can be. Many, many hours of work. Really surprised I've stuck with it this long as I'm actually pretty lazy and impatient. There's something about clay that appeals to me on several different levels that keeps me going. I can't imagine working in any other medium and being as satisfied.

Oh, and I like the background! Much more suited to your style and your work! Love it!

Popular Posts