Things you do...

...when a show is slow and you are bored.

  • 1. Pretend that everyone who is eating maple cotton candy is really eating cotton quilt batting.
  • 2. Pretend that every time someone says "Your jewelry is beautiful!" they are really saying "YOU are beautiful!" And respond accordingly.
  • 3. Throw nasty looks at the guy set up across the room from you who is selling mass-produced junk jewelry from China and trying to pass it off as handmade at a juried handcraft show.
  • 4. Eat A LOT of sweet, maple flavored things. (It was the Maple Festival, afterall) Even the chili dogs seemed to have a maple-ness about them.
  • 5. Realize that you are completely sold out of fancy-pants necklaces and bracelets and have a minor panic attack when you realize that the next batch of shows is only three weeks away.
  • 6. Make prank phone calls on your cell to your friend who is set up a few booths down from you. The caller ID kind of gives you away, but it's worth it just to ask "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?"
Yep, I am done with my first show of the year. It wasn't the most spectacular show but it did it's job. I met the goal I had set for myself so I am content with that. And it also helped me to see my inventory and figure out just what I need to make in the next few weeks. I've been an earring-making freak for a while now but I really need to make some necklaces and bracelets. And rings. So I better get busy. Tomorrow. First.... sleeeeeeep.

Comments

Nic :) said…
heh heh! That made me giggle :)

xx
cookingwithgas said…
funny how you will eat things at a show that you would never eat at home!
Here is hope to things picking up and selling out!
Ha! Made me laugh, Nancy !
Good luck with the balance of the shows :)
Lorelei Eurto said…
Glad to hear it was decent. So the next few weekends are free then? Maybe I'll come down some weekend soon, and we can get together. we could even get together and make jewelry, that might be fun!!
Kella said…
Made my smile, hope you get lots of rest before you start up again.
Dani said…
Hahahahaha......

I can just see MAW's face when you asked her?
TesoriTrovati said…
No rest for the wicked, as they say. You made me laugh. And smile. Especially the part where you pretended everyone was saying that YOU look beautiful. (Becuase you do.) Enjoy the day! Erin
Cat said…
Hilarious! I haven't attended a show yet (on my list) but when I do I will be sure to bring this list with me (oh, I am so ready with my "evil eye" for the non-handmade posers who attend craft fairs...I HATE that!). Post pics of your booth if you have them (I would love to see your set up :))
Silver Parrot said…
ROFL! Okay, I want to do a show with you...just for the prank calls!
mairedodd said…
completely relate to #2 & 3... so frustrating! glad you had a friend to pass some time with...
the pics of your bunnies are so very very sweet!
SueBeads said…
Glad you set your goal for your show!
lisa b. said…
Glad you made your goal. Sucks about the guy with the junk. I will be at the Athens Fest. Cant wait to see you and treat myself to another goodie!!

Popular Posts