Ants in the pants

I'm feeling a bit antsy today. I was going to run up to Syracuse to set up my tent for the show this weekend, but I changed my mind. I'll set up early in the morning instead. Doing that will save me three hours of driving today, and that is always a good thing.

So, I made some bracelets instead. I pilfered the remaining etched washers, that I made last week, from my supply shop and used them. The above bracelet pairs them with a gorgeous crackled porcelain tag and some porcelain washers. I love making pieces that utilize all of my own handcrafted components. It's very satisfying to know that my own hands made it all. :)

This bracelet is a fun light-weight piece. I have a thing for circles and ovals. I can't help it, I am weak for round. I could probably devote all my work to circles. And then people might think I was crazy (Oh, big surprise, Circle Girl made more circles...she's nuts, ya know).

Anyhoo, time to pack the car and eat some donuts. It's National Donut Day!

Comments

steufel said…
Those bracelets are great, love the second one. Have a great show. regards Stefanie
Silver Parrot said…
And donuts are circles, too ;-)

Love the bracelets! Do you mind if I ask where you got the large jump rings that connect everything? I can never seem to find any that size. Or did you make those, too?
Round Rabbit said…
Donuts ARE circles!

I found the large jump rings at Michaels. I try to snatch them up whenever I see them in an extra large size. I do plan on making my own in the future, however. Then I will never run out! (like I did after I made these two bracelets..)
Tam. said…
both bracelets are awesome, I love the first one :) Have a wonderful show, I hope the rain stays away for you!
mairedodd said…
everything looks wonderful - your tags as well... it is gratifying to make everything yourself (and daunting when you want to make things quickly and didn't plan ahead and make yourself more of what you need!)... best luck at the show... those bracelets are terrific!
Looove the bracelets, and love the rounds - can never havce too many circles or ovals (Circle Girl!!).
All the best with the show. Vicki
beauty, beauty, such a nice combination of metal and ceramic, and the colors are beautiful...
What show were you at? I missed it! I'm a beader, stamper, scrapbooker from Bridgeport, near Syracuse, would love to know about any "crafty" shows in the area. Found your blog from my Mom in Florida.
Unknown said…
Love these, they are absolutely gorgeous!

Popular Posts