Scrap happy

I ran out of sterling sheet last week and I've been going a bit crazy without it. Other supplies are taking precedence at the moment so until I am able to order more I have to make due with what I have. And what I have is little bits and pieces of scraps... as you can see very well from this rather scrap happy ring that I made with them.

It's a little funky, I know, but I used the opportunity to learn some new soldering techniques that I hadn't tried yet. I also beat the hell out of it with different textures, which was a lot of fun since I really like to go after things with a hammer now and then. The experience also renewed my desire (need) for this set of hammers.

So now I am really really out of silver. I don't think I can even do anything with the little scraps I have left at this point. Unless.... I just got an idea as I typed those words... I'll get back to you on that...

Comments

mairedodd said…
that one is awesome - and i am incredibly impressed with your ability to get that many pieces not only together with the different solders, but in a cohesive, comfortable looking ring shape! really cool! texture hammers are so cool - sigh, i only have one! :0)
Helen Carter said…
Working with scraps is my spess-eeality. It's the best way to work.

And, ummm, what size is that?
TesoriTrovati said…
I really like this. Very inventive and fun. And a great way to use up those leftovers and turn them into something special.
Enjoy the day!
Erin
Kerry said…
Ohhhh... I love this one!! You should use your scraps more often.
Judy said…
That is such a great way to challenge yourself, it is an awesome ring!

Popular Posts