EXTRA Shop Preview - Update Tomorrow!

I'm pretty pleased with this latest batch of goodies. I tried out some new glazes and a few different techniques and for the most part they came out pretty cool. A few didn't make the cut, but that was to be expected. The main problem I have is the fact that I can't figure out what is what. Which glaze is which.... one of these days I will write things down and stop fooling myself into thinking that I will be able to tell once it is fired. So wrong, I am. (said in my best Yoda voice)

Anyhoo, the Extra shop update will be tomorrow around 1:00 pm EST. I wasn't able to get all of my photos done today so I have to give myself a little more time in the morning to get ready. But I digress... First up is this fun group of dark stoneware pendants (above). They are chunky and have a bold geometric pattern stamped in them. I really like them.

I made one piece like these a long time ago and have been meaning to make more. So here they are! They might not seem that exciting, but they are. Really!

See?! They are made to slide ribbon through! Of course you could use them in any way you see fit, but this is what I had in mind when I made them. Porcelain buckles. Love them!

And this is a round version of the buckle. They look like giant buttons with giant holes and you could certainly use them that way if you wanted.

Or you could slide a ribbon or leather through the holes and party like it's 1999. Woo-hoo!

This week's shard collection is very bullseye-ish. Some have one hole, some have two. All are very cool. :)

Here is a little assortment of textured stoneware pieces. I particularly like the football shaped pendants with the askew holes. They will hang at a jaunty angle.

These are tiny little pansy charms. Very cute and dainty. I think I will put these in multicolored sets of three.

These shells are little big to be called charms so I guess I will go with pendants. Small pendants.

I just love these pieces! They have three holes, one at the point and two at the other end, which allow for them to be used in several ways. The pattern is raised and really defined on some of them. They are just so pretty!

This is a fun assortment of round pendants/connectors. They are larger in size and some have many holes for many design options. All are very textural and took the glazes nicely.

Lastly I have this group of dark stoneware "things." I'm not really sure what to call them. I guess some could be considered beads and the ones with the holes are for separating multiple stands.

Here they are grouped together by color. It's an odd group, I will admit, and I have a lot more of them that I didn't get glazed this time around. I like how the colors pop against the darker clay - very earthy and raw. Not my comfort zone, for sure, but I need to do this to myself now and then. Silly, I know. I'm a freak. :)

The update in the EXTRA shop will be at 1:00 pm EST tomorrow, Friday. Hope to see you all there!

Comments

SueBeads said…
Oh my gosh, too cool Nancy!
Jessica Hobler said…
Holy cow I can't wait! Heres hoping I get a few more great pieces!
Anonymous said…
The oval BUCKLES...OMG!
Angel Whisperer said…
What a wonderful mix for spring jewelry....will try to snatch some flowers :)
Amy F said…
those colors are sooooo pretty! i just love your stuff!
Palimpa Lim said…
The oval buckets are to die for! So cool!!!
Oh, and these little flowers!!!
I won't be able to join in the fun, today, but I wish I could.
Maria said…
You are awesome Nancy!
mairedodd said…
everything looks fabulous - but just wait until you see how certain minds are thinking alike!

Popular Posts