The day of the earring (Bead Soup post is below this one!)

The back...

Today is a day for making earrings. For realizing that the show season starts sooner than I would like to admit. For realizing that I have extremely low amounts of inventory. For realizing that I don't want to start the show season. At all. I really don't want to do shows this year. Sick. Of. Them.
And speaking of sick.... that's me. Yesterday it hit me a like baseball bat in the teeth. I haven't been sick in so long and I am mad about it. I feel like dirt.

Anyhoo, I'm trying to get the old earring inventory built up so I spent a good portion of the day making ear wires and putting together some earrings. The above photo shows the backs of one of my favorite new styles. The are like puffed pillows and they are large.

Large porcelain earrings

And this is the front!

Hello, my name is Nancy and I feel like crap...

And here they are on! See how big they are? I love them. Even my "I may vomit at any given moment" face can't hide the fact that these earrings are awesome. (sorry. I blame the meds...)

New gaze combo...

This is a new glaze combo that I am playing around with. I have to admit that in a group like this they look rather yucky. At least they do to me.

Porcelain & Sterling earrings

However, on their own they are stunning! The colors are amazing, all swirly and crazy. I love glaze...

Dotty porcelain earrings

I really like these two pairs of unglazed porcelain disks. They just have black stain rubbed in to highlight the dots.

Porcelain & Sterling earrings

Lastly, this is a design I've been meaning to play around with for a while. It takes glaze very nicely.

I was going plop some of the earrings in my Etsy shop today, but I think I am going to grab a bunny and go take a nap. I shall return. (Update - I got two pairs in the shop - more tomorrow!)

Oh, and if you came here looking for Bead Soup, it's the post right below this one... :)

Comments

Diana P. said…
Um, yeah Nancy, please send that very first pair to me...ASAP, lol! I die for them. And btw, your bead soup rocks.
Cat said…
So sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather. Being sick sucks. Good luck getting lots and lots of earrings made! You know, I had to smile at your "sick of shows" comment. I am just started out with showing my jewelry at some local craft shows and I am super excited about it (sigh...virginal enthusiasm :)...don't hate me)
Jessica H. said…
Those big round ones are amazing, and the unglazed ones with the black in them, LOVE THEM! Do you think you'll be at the Athens ArtFest this yeat? That was the first place I saw your beautiful work! Hope you're feeling better soon!
I really like the giant earrings and the new glaze you are working with. all very pretty. hope you feel better soon.
ClickNCamera said…
Hope Dr Rabbit and a nap helps you feel much better soon! Loving the new glaze and the earrings!
TesoriTrovati said…
Oh...so very sorry that the crud has come calling to you. And you actually look beautiful in the picture, but I can tell in your eyes that you are not so happy. But your new glazes are awesome, and I love those dotty ones. And your ear wires. So wish I knew how to do that! Take it easy!
Enjoy the day.
Erin
Tess Julia said…
The set of three earrings were stunning! Really! I love the color combination.
Malin de Koning said…
1. new earrings = great looking
2. vomit face = funny (after all, I mean for me when you write like that)
3. new glaze combo = I love it !!!! please use it a lot on things I could buy
4. unglazed porcelain disks = wonderful
5. new design = think I wanna see it on a square piece, or a triangular one with the hole at the top.

Now get well soon!

All my best,
Malin
Third Eye Gypsy said…
Oh gorgeous! I love them all. I love the pic of you wearing them. Nice contrast in colors from the earrings to your red hat. I'm sorry you feel poopy :( You still look gorgeous. Feel better :)
Amanda said…
I love the colors, they are so pretty and shiny :)
Dee said…
so sorry to hear you're not feeling well..but I'll take a helping of what's in photo #4...I love them all!! I'm so jealous I don't know how to play with clay...nice job!
planettreasures said…
Love those aqua earrings - they look like ancient enamelled discs. Is it OK if I add them to my blog post about earrings?
I love all of your earrings !! So wonderful colours! I think i have a small preference on the glazed ones but, all of them are beautiful!! Hope you get well soon! :)
Shirley said…
So I have to say the sickness is affecting your eyes, cause the pic with all the earrings together is gorgeous! These are just stunning, and I also wish I could make ear wires like that!
Feel better quick!
Rebecca said…
I love them all but especially those ones you are wearing!
Heidi Post said…
Those big blue earrings really bring out your eyes. All of them are brilliant. I especially like the white with black dots.

Popular Posts